The end of another year. Time to reflect. How have we done, what have we done, who have we “done” and why?
- Have we used our grief as an excuse to do less, expect less, care less, hurt more?
- Have we allowed the one we lost to determine our joy instead of those we still have in our lives?
- Have we let fear of more pain hold us back from making changes or commitments?
- Have we resigned ourselves to sadness and befriended depression because it is just so damn easy to do so?
- Have we forgotten our “bliss”?
- Have we bound ourselves to the joys that were, instead of putting effort into creating or pursuing new joys?
“He who binds to himself a joy
does the winged life destroy;
but he who kisses the joy as it flies
lives in eternities sunrise!”